Saturday 4 October 2014

Short length at Goodwin

As term has begun the Goodwin pool was open from 8am but it was well towards 10am before I was there. This meant that it was set up for childrens' lessons. Previously this split the pool lengthways but today it was split both lengthways and across the width reducing the length to 25m. I always find short lengths easier and so today, for the first time in a while, I achieved a pace of 4min/km. Still pretty poor but not so bad considering I've not practiced for a few weeks.

I tried various arm positions for entry but couldn't discern a great difference. Due to the small pool area I was forced to keep going a little more  so as not to block a lane. Starting a length without a wall to push off from was a bit troublesome but good practice I suppose for swimming away from a pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment