Wednesday 22 April 2015

Ankle strain

Whilst walking to and from work today I was disturbed by a slight pain from my right ankle. At a very specific foot strike there was a soreness around the lateral malleolus, usually in front of it, but hard to place. With care on the walk I didn't go too slowly or suffer from it.

I wasn't sure if I'd be able to run to circuits, or if it would be wise. I set off with the intention of walking if need be, and avoiding any painful exercises. There were no problems and the run there and back felt easy and I worked well on squats and lunges.

I suspect that I pulled an ankle ligament a little, probably on a descent, during yesterday's slightly faster loop of the woods. That run was slightly disappointing as I set out to put some effort in and stay in a 'tempo run' heart rate zone, both of which I did, but the final pace wasn't as high as hoped.

No comments:

Post a Comment