Tuesday 30 April 2013

Almost a summer's evening

After work the weather was pleasantly warm and dry. More June than April. I was too late to join the Tuesday group so elected to do that loop, but starting from home to add a little distance. I also decided to take the run very gently as yesterday's swim was tiring and I don't think I'm fully recovered from the 'Round Walk' we did a fortnight ago as yet.

The photograph doesn't do justice to the conditions as I ascended to the Oxstones, juts warm enough with a gentle breeze.
From the Oxstones towards Lady Canning Plantation
I was cautious on the descent to home as I didn't want to overstrain anything. All of this slow progress gave an average pace slightly better than 6 minutes/km which I suppose isn't too bad for a post-work trail run. I didn't expect to achieve any Strada awards for such stately progress but somehow I was faster than someone!

No comments:

Post a Comment