Saturday 5 April 2014

Halfway there

For the last few weeks I've been increasing my short and long runs by around 2km a week during recovery from my rather vague knee injury. This week I hoped to build on last week's run up past Devil's Elbow to make a halfmarathon loop. This would be a little shorter than my Blackamoor circuit as that is well over the 21.3km.

The bridleway ascent from Dore was tough but I managed it a little faster than last time as I knew where the top was.

Not too far now
For the first time in quite a few weeks I reached Oxstones where the trig point has recently been repainted. Some years ago there were rumours that they would be dismantled, but I suspect that no-one can usually be bothered to do it.

By the time I got home I was aware of both knees, but not too much, and I've not used the ibuprofen gel for some days now so I feel this is progress in the right direction. During this run I made an effort to keep a mid to fore foot strike and keep of  my heels so I'm expecting sore calf muscles in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment