Wednesday 19 November 2014

Swim for fitness?

I've joined 'Swimming for fitness' at the Goodwin centre as I was a bit unhappy with my progress KES. I'm not sure if it was a good idea or not. It's a stroke per night and today's was crawl, really all I want to do. There were a few tips and then off we went for a couple of lengths prior to next tip or drill. I was one of the weaker swimmers and I was a little reminded of a class I did when I was 10 years old that put me off swimming classes for nearly 40 years. That's not a good recommendation is it? My biggest hesitation about it is that I got very little feedback on my style. Partly this is due to the class size but it also seems to have something to do with the class format.

Perhaps I'd be better in another session? Next week is breaststroke and I'm not sure that I want to do that at all since I've been advised to avoid that stroke to limit lateral loads on my knees. Do I skip the session, let the leader know or just get on with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment