I wasn't sure how I'd get on with a swim after Wednesday's sore back but I'd managed circuits fine and the back ache was certainly reducing. The physio always advises against rest on the argument that stillness encourages trigger points and subsequent spasms. On that basis I decided to risk it and did the programmed routine.
As usual across the five sets of 400m I progressively reduced pace and increased stroke number but did manage the first 4 sets in under 10 minutes each. Within each set I tried to work harder towards the end, especially after 300m, so as to maintain pace. This worked well as a loss of pace through the 400m isn't apparent in the data.
This week I really feel that I have made some progress and that effort is being rewarded.