Sunday 13 March 2016

Sunset at Oxstones

As if an hour of swimming wasn't enough, I felt that I had to get out in the evening for a run. The weather was lovely and my guts seem OK for running at that time. Over the last few weeks I've gradually increased the distance and so today I felt able to reach Oxytone, hopefully in time for the sunset.

I think that I was a little late for the strongest effect but it was a great 14km nonetheless.


I kept the pace easy on the ascent and took a few photos. At the stones the light was fading and I was gentle on the path down to the byway for fear of falling. Actually I was gentle all the way home and knees, ankles and gut seem to be happy with that. It was exhilarating to be on the edge of fells in the pink glow of evening and worth the knowledge that I had ironing to do a soon as I got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment