Friday 30 December 2016

September 2016 Week 11 Session 2

Today's long swim was a struggle with technology as much as being in the water for 90 minutes. Would my Garmin Swim work and could I manage to press the buttons on the TempoTrainer correctly. Well, the former appears to have worked but I failed at the latter!

My plan was to pace at 45, 44, 43 and 42 seconds for the first superset. I started fine and was a little ahead of the pace. For sets 2 and 3 I thought I was flying as I was keeping up with little more effort. Anyway when I checked prior to set 4 I was still on 45s! I set to 42s but couldn't keep up with the beeps, partly due to effort and partly due to occasional holdups in the lane. My average was 43.3s so not too bad and is a spot faster than last week. The progression wasn't good as I let myself get ahead, perhaps if I had done 45s initially I would have had the energy for the 4th set?

For the second superset I planned 47, 46, 45 and 44s but really I hovered around 46.5s for each set. Simply I'd run out of power. Nonetheless, faster than last week.

For week 12 I think I need to do the series from 46s and 48s, making sure that I start gently and then adjust the TempoTrainer correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment