Saturday 7 January 2017

September 2016 Week 11 Session 3

I walked to the Goodwin pool first thing this morning only to discover that it's still 'vacation' and so not open. Oh well, at least I had a walk.

After some work in the house I found that Heeley Baths was open at lunchtime and so took advantage of their 25 yard pool. There were few swimmers, little turbulence and with frequent push-offs I recorded some record times.

My warm-up with legs was at 2:18min/100m as against my usual goal of 2:30min/100m. That's quite something. Then, all 10 of my 91m (i.e. 100yd) sets were at a pace better than 2:00min/100m. In terms of technique I tried not to rush, to keep a long stroke and to engage from my hips and along my chest. It'll be interesting to see if Julian thinks I'm twisting, or some other problem.

Previously I've thought that the 8:00min 400m time trial won't happen, but this has given me some hope that when I'm not tired, and in a shorter pool, that I can achieve the pace. I'm tempted to go down to try tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment