Saturday 22 June 2013

Knee recovering

The physio thought that this week would be a key test for how well I was recovering. Well so far it looks pretty good. I've run 1.8km, 3.8km, 7.0km on alternate days with no problems. Today I did feel a bit of tightness in my left hamstrings and that is a bit of an issue as it seems to upset The Knee.  Let's be glad of the success though.

On a down side, today was my first run with the Holux, comparing it with the Garmin 110. It was a damp day and the Holux was in a bag in a pocket and there was tree cover. It lost its signal quite badly resulting in some false recording of position and which increased distance covered and speed.


In this image the pink shows alignment of the routes, turquoise is Garmin and yellow is Holux. From the mapping data it is clear that the Garmin route is the most realistic. Perhaps this isn't the device but position, a wrist is far more open to the sky than a wet pocket. I'll have to test this. On the plus side, it has run for 15 hours on a single charge with Bluetooth enabled, and the low battery indicator is still off, so that's pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment