Monday 5 May 2014

Short pool

As the swimming class was cancelled due to the bank holiday I returned to Heeley Baths. There was only one lane available and after I'd done a few lengths in it a label appeared stating 'Fast Lane'. There were only 4 of us using it, 2 at a similar speed to me and one much faster. The rest of the pool was too hectic to have done lengths with any degree of reliability.  As I wasn't sure how long the pool was I did 52 lengths to ensure that I'd exceeded the 1000m. On my way out I asked and was told that it is 22.5m.

That gave a total of 1170m and a time of 03:14 per 100m. Shorter lengths seem faster as the are more opportunities for a catch-up-breath and there's a more frequent push off. The main thing was that I managed to keep going on the whole, only delaying a length to let the faster swimmer go past. By the time I finished, there were just 2 of us in the lane.

Now I'm getting the hang of this swimming I must make sure I don't get injured shoulders.


No comments:

Post a Comment