Tuesday 11 August 2015

August 2015 Week 1 Session 3

Today's swim was about technique and learning to pace from gentle through to harder. There were 4 sets of 200m for technique, with the snorkel so that I could focus on arm position and the easy, medium and hard two length each intervals. In general I did manage to increase the effort a little and this was reflected in the pace. The third set was the best as I was able to change pace progressively from 2:42min/100m to 2:19min/100m.

On occasion I did catch up with someone's in the lane so that would have affected my pace. Additionally the sets had quite a bit of rest built in, which I used for fitting and removing nose clip and snorkel. Altogether about 6 minutes was rest interval which is a little less than that programmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment