Tuesday 19 March 2013

Sore throat enhances performance!

This evening I arrived home with a sore throat. Not too bad, just irritating and no cough and so doing a run didn't seem contraindicated. I'd decided to take it easy anyway. The run through Dore was an uphill struggle, literally, but as I was slightly earlier than usual I continued along Long Line. Another uphill slog (downhill in the photo though) but it added a few km and helps to break the pattern of similar Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Long Line, Dore, Sheffield (Graham Hogg) / CC BY-SA 2.0

I'd slightly misjudged the time and it was time to put my headtorch on as I reached the top of the road. All downhill to home after that though.

Once the GPS data was uploaded it became clear that I'd done a level 1km section in my second best time and up through Dore was a PB by a few seconds! None of this is meaningful but at least it showed that I wasn't 'ill', I just had a sore throat.

Many years ago I read an article suggesting that  you never really know if you're really not fit to go out until you do. Many times, once you've taken the plunge it all feels OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment