Wednesday 17 April 2013

Hot and windy makes a 10km best

That's the weather and only partially me. Spring seems to have arrived suddenly and a jacket and running tights aren't required. It was one of those runs where the wind was in my face whichever way I was going. There was no chance of a record at Millhouses as I found it really difficult to make forward progress. Perhaps I ate too much at lunchtime whilst on a course today, or perhaps Wednesday isn't as fast as a Tuesday? (Yesterday I had a massage for a stiff shoulder and it was quite unpleasant. There are weird websites linking right shoulder pain to diaphragmatic imbalance and thence to symptoms of hiatus hernia so could there be anything in that?)

Turning up to Dore was almost as bad but once on Hathersage Road I had a little more energy than usual to descend homewards. In the end I completed the loop in under an hour for the first time. A few weeks ago I added Long Line, but didn't feel like doing that today, and perhaps the training effect of that was shown today.

The quick descent enabled me to record my best 10km at 50:22. One day I'll break that 50 minute line perhaps.

I also tried an SIS GO Electrolyte drink. Perhaps its general stickiness made me want to get home faster? It's not very pleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment