Sunday 8 April 2018

New longest swim

This morning's long swim was my longest unaided (no pullbuoy etc) pool swim at 3000m. I started a little too fast in the first 1km and trying to maintain that for the second 1km was too hard and I felt as though I 'hit the wall' as is described for running. I committed to a more sedate third 1km and also that I would break it into 10 length sets. I appreciate that I won't be able to stop on my 10km swim but each of these long swims is a stretch currently.

Toward the end of the session I aimed by reach deeper into the water and I think that was helpful; I wonder if I've let it creep too close to the surface recently?  I also dropped the pace, settling into  restful rhythm which felt considerably easier and more sustainable.

No comments:

Post a Comment