Wednesday 11 July 2018

Elbow rehab

The physio and I agreed on Monday that as my elbow is not healing it is time to start some focussed rehab. By working through a set of exercises it became clear that my left arm and shoulder is distinctly weaker than the right. Exercises such as press-ups didn't seem to hurt the elbow whereas front raises were a little painful.

So I have a progressive plan now to strengthen the whole chain. I'm to start with the exercises least painful, mostly to build shoulder strength and stability. When they can be done pain free I'm to move on to loading the elbow muscles and tendons.

This evening's circuit included stacks of press-ups and shoulder presses and I was only vaguely aware of my elbow, so that was spot-on. It'll be interesting to see how it is tomorrow, I think the rest of me will be tired as it was a tough session.

No comments:

Post a Comment