Saturday, 29 August 2026

Feel of the water

Currently, I'm swimming 100yd sets with focus on a particular movement or body part. Not really drills, but certainly not swimming repeated lengths merely for distance. The intention is to develop parts of my stroke in the hope that eventually the elements will fuse.

Midway through today's session I moved onto catch and tried to visualise small inward rotation of my arms, high elbows, a more open chest and a hold on the water. For two sets I was clearly aware of more resistance to my forearms and these sets were under two minutes. They were also more tiring as I was exerting more force. I suspect that my stroke rate had increased too, as unfortunately, my distance per stroke had reduced. Thinking back, it's likely that I was starting recovery too early as I wasn't focussing on that.

It's heartening to see sub-two minute 100 yard sets again as they didn't last for long. Next session I'll have to try to recapture that feeling and see if I can make it reproducible, and hopefully a habit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment