Thursday 24 April 2014

Little recovery evident!

Yesterday evening I jogged to and from the circuit class and abstained from any leg work. Today above my right knee is slightly sore and hamstrings/calves tight despite some roller work this morning. On that basis I feel I'm where I was a month ago - sore left knee and right not far behind. I'm forced to conclude that the relative rest programme hasn't had enough of the rest element and healing is inadequate. So, certainly no running this weekend and perhaps not to the next circuit session.

Looking back over these entries the issue has been ongoing since 12th March but it is worth noting that the sole of my right foot has healed as far as I can tell.

I've just taken a lunchtime half-hour swim but it's not the same. I suspect that I'll be doing more swimming over the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment