Friday 23 December 2016

September 2016 Week 10 Session 2

Having used the TempoTrainer in novel situations whilst on holiday I decided that it would be worth using on this long routine to help me regulate pace. Ideally the pace would be intrinsic, something I can feel, but unfortunately I don't seem to be a very good judge currently. Using the TempoTrainer I get feedback on my pace for every length as it happens and can adapt accordingly. This might even show me how a faster pace feels.

So today's pacing was 47, 46, 44 and 43 seconds for the first super set followed by 49, 48, 47 and 46s. In both cases I failed to maintain the fastest pace by a small amount. I also swam further than intended, and possibly a record distance of 3866m because initially I targeted 16 lengths per set rather than 12! If I'd done a bit less early on perhaps I could have hit the pace? Although the slow pace was slower than previously, and sometimes I had to pause briefly to wait for the bleep, the fastest pace was better than I've managed previously. I wish I'd thought of this at the beginning of the programme. I wonder if Julian, my coach, thinks it's a good idea or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment