This week I've gone around on the Week 8 programme again in the hope of doing it a little bit better. Naturally I didn't succeed! Session 1, short intervals, wasn't too bad but trying to keep up negative splits across 3200m in Session 2 was poor. Today I adapted Session 3. The programme called for pairs of 100m fast sets but knowing that was unachievable I tried pairs of 66m.
This was a good idea and did allow me to work at a fair pace during the second 66m; after 100m the second has been too hard to be 'intense'. Even so, the supposedly fast lengths weren't at a good pace and by the end of the session I'd slowed to my medium-slow pace even though I was trying hard.
I've worked hard this week, managing 3 swims, and at least I know I've made an effort even if the numbers aren't exciting.
Post a Comment