Thursday 31 October 2013

The end of October

October has been a little disappointing as I had hoped to complete a marathon distance and could not. Perhaps I could have, with resulting discomfort and slowed healing, but I've been advised to restrict myself to runs under 20km until the hamstring issue is distinctly improving. Presently the irritation ebbs and flows but the muscle is clearly upset once the half-marathon distance is exceeded. However I have tried to do more short runs and although this hasn't been a great success I still managed to do 160km this month. That puts me on a par with previous months although the pace hasn't been great.


Another positive outcome is that I have done an 8km run in the low heel drop Brooks road shoes without problems in my lower legs, so that has rewarded my very slow increments in distance with those shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment