Monday 20 July 2015

'Catch'

Today's swim was focussed on 'feel for the water'. After a warm-up I did some sets with the paddles including 2x 200m. That is getting easier as I used to have to take a break between lengths when using the paddles. I was breathing pretty heavily though! Then I had 4x 200m trying to keep the high leading arm and have a bent elbow for forearm catch on the water.

For parts of some lengths I could tell a difference, other times I knew I'd become lazy. It does need constant attention to keep tidy. This session was more consistent than last time with respect to strokes/length and pace so I think the emphasis I wanted had sunk in a bit. I was also 'cheating' slightly by trying to optimise my push-off; but that's all part of length swimming I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment