Tuesday 26 January 2016

January 2016 Week 1 Session 2

Today's swim is a little odd as the routine calls for progressive increases in effort and then 200m with paddles. I find the paddles both hard physical effort and a concentration drain so today I did this first routine without them to get a feel for what I should be doing.

I was very pleased that my warm up (with legs) came in at 5:35min; to think that 6:00min used to be a goal! In the first 2 sets I managed to step up the pace by a few seconds for each 66m but by the third set the increase was less distinct although I managed to retrieve the pattern for the fifth. Naturally, there was a gradual loss of pace across the hour of swimming with my habitual increase in strokes/length.

This block is focussed on trying to keep pace throughout a session by building in reserves of speed. In a few months I'll find out if it worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment