Monday 9 May 2016

April 2016 Week 1 Session 3

For this block the third session is a 'Spike Set' more or less as described on the SwimSmooth website. I've not been given any timed parameters for it so there's not as much to think about. When I was given the scheme on paper it looked very hard to follow but in the end it wasn't too hard to execute. The basis is to progressively shorten the slower sets between fast lengths from 200m to zero. In this screen dump part of the session is shown at the point where the slower sets shortened.


At this stage in the session I was able to pick up a little pace on the fast sets although not to the degree I'd hoped; just one length better than 2:00min/100m pace. Equally as the session approached an hour I found it hard to find extra power.  Incidentally the 'gradient' in the pool is quite evident from the steps.

I'm glad that I've done Week 1 as now I'll be able to settle into the sessions more comfortably and work on progress rather than being over-awed by either complexity or extent.

No comments:

Post a Comment