Monday 30 June 2014

Exercise 8.4

The was tennis and football on the TV this evening so the swimming pool was very quiet, just 4 of us and one teacher. That worked very well for me as it meant that I was able to get feedback on my stroke after almost every length. I can feel my arm position fairly well but I need help to analyse what is good and where there are faults. After 34 lengths of trying and adapting I think I've got an idea of what I should be doing. Basically it needs effort and concentration. If I try to take it easy or take my mind off the stroke all sorts of laziness creeps in.

The long strokes require more effort than lazy ones and I made I deliberate plan this week to try to do 2 lengths consecutively. With the close supervision I had to make an effort to retain good technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment