Saturday 17 May 2014

VFF test

After many months, despite the ongoing knee issue (or perhaps because of it) I decided that I should give the Fivefingers a quick road test. A run on tarmac was out of the question but a potter in the grassed garden seemed fairly safe.

White legs in strange shoes
I walked around, moved back and forth and side to side for 30 minutes or so. As the shoes warmed up in the sun they softened and felt to fit a bit better. On the grass they felt fine but walking on the concrete paving path the ground felt very solid. After this I was aware of a little calf tenderness and rollered them as soon as I went inside. I can really see the argument that minimalist shoes make you aware of pain and terrain - there's no way I'd run a single step on a hard surface in them at present.

No comments:

Post a Comment