Thursday 1 May 2014

Unsure about progress

Yesterday evening was the circuit class and as planned I ran there and back slowly. I avoided all quadriceps-based exercises and felt fine when I arrived home. Today I've been a little aware of the various tendons around my knee and some are quite tender.

I'm sure that some of the discomfort is linked to use but some might be due to tight muscles. Last night I had terrible calf cramp which has been resistant to stretching and rollering done at odd times through the day.

Movement is in the right direction but it is very slow progress and I do sometimes wonder if I'll ever manage 40km again, never mind achieve 100km. On Monday the physio spoke of a 12 week programme to get back close to where I was. So if I'm lucky, that's 30km by August.

No comments:

Post a Comment